About the programme
We want to attract motivated and successful individuals who can develop and hone their skills along with learning and using new ones during our Fast Track Management Programme.
The programme will guide you through every step of the residential lettings business and equip you with the ability and expertise you will require to become part of our management team.
During the programme you will be based at one of our flagship branches within London or the South East, where you will receive mentoring and coaching from your experienced branch manager. All your work experience gained in the branch will complement your training throughout the programme and provide the development you require to succeed.
The main part of the Fast Track Management Programme will be regular, structured classroom training; delivered by the Head of Management Development and take place at our training centre in Sutton, Surrey. You will attend between 4 and 8 training days a month during the 11 month scheme.
In addition to the above, you will also have regular tutorials, appraisals and feedback sessions with your trainer and senior management. You will also be required to undertake a certain amount of home study to enable you to complete the course within the timescale required.
The 11 month programme is broken down into three stages, taking you from induction to management. At the conclusion of each stage you will be tested, interviewed and assessed prior to moving on to the next stage. Head of Management Development will also undertake visits to you in your branch during each stage to assess and observe you at work.
You will start the programme as a Trainee Negotiator and finish as an Assistant Manager, at which point you will be eligible to apply for any branch manager position available and suitable for you at that time.
During each stage you will receive structured classroom training delivered by our highly experienced Management Development Trainer.
The training courses will mirror those given to all our employees during their Training and Development Programme however they will be more intensive and therefore delivered over more than one day to enable candidates to engage in skills practice sessions and to be
- Induction - 6 days
- Lettings Law 1 - 1 day
- Administration - 1 day
- Assessment - 1 day
- Lister Course - 4 days
- Lettings Law 2 - 1 day
- Lettings Skills 2 - 1 day
- Basic Property Management - 1 day
- ARLA Technical Award, Units 1 & 2 - 1 day plus exam
- Assessment - 1 day
- Assistant Manager Course - 1 day
- Intermediate Property Management - 1 day
- Influencing skills - 1 day
- Coaching & feedback - 1 day
- One to one meeting and action planning - 1 day
- Manager as a role model - 1 day
- ARLA Technical Award, Units 2 & 3 - 1 day plus exam
Our selection process is designed to provide the best match between Felicity J Lord Residential Lettings and prospective employees. It is also designed to allow each candidate to express their own ambitions & goals and to demonstrate skills which may not be clear from their academic achievements.
The Fast Track Management Programme runs from the beginning of March each year. We will consider all applications received between 1st November and 31st January each year.
- The Application - The first step is to complete our online application form. Each application received is reviewed and should your skills matching our needs you will be invited to the next stage of the process.
- Video Interview - Candidates are asked to produce a short video of themselves using a camera or mobile phone. They are given a list of 3 questions to answer they then upload the footage to YouTube, sending a link to our selector. This is your opportunity to demonstrate your judgement, drive and ability to influence others.
- Competency-Based Interview - Candidates who successfully pass the telephone and video interview stages will be invited to a competency-based interview at our training centre in Sutton, Surrey. The first interview asks candidates to think of examples from their personal history which can be measured against our key skill requirements. Candidates who are successful at this stage will be asked to attend a branch assessment day.
- Branch Experience Day - This stage will take place in one of our flagship branches in London or the South East. Candidates will have the opportunity to spend a day observing and working alongside our experienced staff within the branch environment. This enables the candidate to get a good feel for the type of work they will be expected to carry out and to demonstrate their skills and competencies in practice. Candidates are encouraged to talk with our employees about their careers & job roles and what their experiences are of working for the company.
- Final Interview - Managing Director and Operations Director: The final stage of our selection process will be a meeting with our Managing Director, Andrew Benn and Operations Director Paul Sloan. This is an opportunity to see our Head Office in Colchester and discover more about how passionate we are about the careers we offer and developing our managers of the future.
In order to be eligible for the scheme we require you to have a minimum of 6 GCSEs or equivalent at grade B or above (including Maths and English).
You must hold a full, clean UK driving licence and you will be required to pass our literacy, numeracy and IT skills test. Some work experience within a sales environment (can include part time or casual work) is necessary and any experience of a supervisory nature would be beneficial.
- Strategic Thinking
- Excellent Verbal and Written Communication
- Drive and Ambition
- Performance Under Pressure
- Self Motivation
- Motivation of Others
- Selling Skills
- Appearance & Social Interaction
- Building Relationships & Communication
- Career Motivation
- Commercial Awareness
- Teamwork & Influencing
- Planning & Organising
- Resilience & Sense of Control
- Personal Profile, Goal Setting & Achieving
- Knowledge Acquisition, Intellect, Analysis & Judgement
- Professionalism, Standards & Commercial Awareness
Having successfully completed the Graduate Programme you will be invited to apply for any branch manager posts that we have vacant at that time. These posts could be available throughout our 6 divisions - North, South, East, West, London and Felicity J Lord.
In addition to our existing branch network we are continuing our rapid expansion and you will be eligible to apply to open and manage one of these exciting new projects.
We expect you to be ambitious and successful and to be part of our future expansion and growth. For the right employees there are more opportunities available in their future career including the running of large flagship offices, becoming a senior manager - managing a large branch and overseeing one or more others, an area manager involved in overseeing up to 5 branches, or a divisional director responsible for the development and growth of divisions with between 7 and 15 branches.
For individuals who prove to be self-motivated, hard working and dedicated to the pursuit of excellence we can provide a lifelong career right to the very top of our organisation.